Hi Doodle Doer's!

Sherri Caramico here - I am one of the Design Team Members and Educators at my FAVORITE Local Scrapbook Store (LSS) Scrap-a-Doodle Doo in Ramsey, NJ.

Thanks for stopping by! Please FOLLOW this blog and feel free to share/recommend it to your Scrappy Friends - as THE DOO TEAM has great plans to share lots of FUN ideas and techniques with you in the future!

For my first post - I'd LOVE to share a FUN project with you.
 
I taught this "Lots 'O Layers" Class at Scrap-a-Doodle Doo's CANDYLAND Weekend Crop event, on January 27, 28 & 29.  This event was well attended by 90+ Scrappy Croppers, and all of them had (as always)  a FABULOUS TIME!

The class sold out with 12 Lovely and Talented Ladies attending! They were all so pleased with their finished layout, and I am happy they enjoyed the class, and learning a new technique!

Since not everyone got into the class - I will be teaching a similar one at the store in the very near future! Watch this Blog and Scrap-a-Doodle Doo's Facebook Page for a Date and Time!

Until then - I'll share the photos of the layout that we created at the Candyland Weekend.

I used a piece of "YAM" Bazzill cardstock for the base - I really love how it picked up and made the light orange color in the frame stand out.

The other papers are from the beautiful Webster's Pages Lady's and Gent's line - "Groomed Traveler" and "Pretty Up" I just LOVE the Blue and Green combo in these papers!

The blue frame originally had an outside measurement of 12"x12" but just look at what a little water, and folding ( or smushing) can do!  It transforms it into a smaller frame that allows the beautiful green paper to edge the layout so nicely!







The green "frame" in the center was made by using a bone folder, a pencil and water to curl the edges. This is a fun way to add dimension to your layouts and make your photos POP!
(hmmm.... I think that would be a good idea for a future Tutorial ~ don't you?!)

The edges of everything, including the folds and creases were "distressed" with RANGER Distress Stain in what must be one of my favorite colors "PEELED PAINT" as I realize that I have 3 bottles of this color in my stash!! LOL!!
Here is a close up of some of the detail.

The plain paper Prima Flower was "inked" with Ranger Distress Stain in Shabby Shutters.

In this close up, you can see the dimension you can achieve with this water distressing technique.  I hope this inspired you to get out your Mini Mister, spray some paper with water and smush away!  

I'd love to have you join me in my upcoming class for a hands on lesson in Water Distressing! Again, watch this blog and Scrap-a-Doodle Doo's facebook page for more details!


Thanks for stopping by!  
Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question, if you have any, about this technique - I'd be happy to reply!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri





date Monday, February 6, 2012

0 comments to “Lots 'O Layers ~ Water distressing Class”

Leave a Reply: