Hello Doodle Doo-ers! 


I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL week.  If you are in New Jersey, I hope you've had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having!  Isn't it Awesome?!


Sherri Caramico back here again - and I want to share a layout I made a one of the DOO's Weekend Crops that I attended last year! 


I also want to get you "IN THE MOOD" to come and get a little "WILD" with me at my next class at THE DOO, coming up on April 12th - Thursday Night, at 6:30pm!  It will be the 2nd in The DOO's "How'd She DOO That?" SERIES - titled "Lot's 'O Layers" 


In that class we will be creating a 1 page layout that will also feature BoBunny's Zoology line. I will teach you techniques like water distressing, paper layering and more! Additional details and a sneak peek will follow soon - on my BLOG and on THE DOO's Facebook Page - so be sure to check back often!


Now - on to the layout that I want to share with you today ( THIS IS NOT THE ONE WE WILL BE MAKING IN THE CLASS - but the class layout will feature papers from the same line - so please don't be confused ) By the way, ALL OF THE ITEMS were purchased at SCRAP-A-DOODLE DOO! except for the playing cards - I picked these up at the gift store at the Zoo - I always shop with scrapping in mind! LOL!)


So, like I said, this layout also features Bo Bunny's HOT Zoology Line!  My family and I were lucky enough to be able to visit the beautiful San Diego Zoo and their Safari Park this past summer.  They were both AWESOME, and I hope to make it back there some day!  Since I am always the one with the camera, I had to pay the park to get a photo with me in it LOL! - but I really liked how this one came out - it makes me smile, and was worth it - I think!  I thought that ZOOLOGY was the perfect paper line for this layout!


I used a piece of corrugated cardboard as my base.  I inked it up with RANGER DISTRESS STAINS - using Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo.  I added a piece of orange Bazzill  carstock on top of it - that was distressed the same way too, and "anchored" it to the cardboard with black brads.


I used water distressing to "tear" the edges of the BoBunny "Zoology", and crinkle the edges. I also used it to make the slit in the paper where I slipped the photo under, and the "tear" in the paper, where I did the "*LACING."

* IF you like this technique - be sure to check out THIS POST on THE DOO BLOG for instructions on how to do this ( I just added some BEADS with I did the lacing)


Since the colors in the photo I was using were quite bright and vibrant - although I love the BB "Zoology" design - I thought the paper needed a little more POP - so I decided to get out my Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glaze and Glimmer Glam  ( or as I call it -- aka: My Elixirs of Life!) and I grabbed a paint brush -and had SOO MUCH FUN! I then went over all of the fine lines and did some shadow coloring with a very fine tip black marker.  I did this on the leaves, as well as on the tiger.


Here is a "before" and "after" photo to show you how all the BEAUTIFUL GLIMMER really brought it to life


BEFORE...

Nice - right?
 and here is how it looked AFTER....





Just a little brighter  - huh?!!


This is a close up of the bottom right corner to show you how the paper was torn, inked, painted etc. and the cool bling that I added too!



Here is the close up of the lacing. paper tearing and painting.

Well, I hope I've inspired you to go a "LITTLE WILD" with your layouts!

Have fun and GET SCRAPPIN'!

(( HUGS )) ~ Sherri


date Thursday, March 22, 2012

0 comments to “ROAR! My take on BoBunny's Zoology!”

Leave a Reply: