Howdy Dooers! :) Hope ya'll are gettin crafty and enjoying a beautiful afternoon!


Just a quick post to showcase a lil shadow box I just finished coloring up for the kids' room... I saw this digi stamp and immediately envisioned my own children playing happily together (instead of the rock 'em, sock 'em battles they've been having these days). In an ideal world they'd play this way instead... :)


So I enlarged the digi to full size and whipped out my copics for some coloring action. (ALWAYS a good relaxation technique!)

Click picture above for a larger view
I colored in the little boy's shrt with B06 and YR07 and his pants with E13. The girl's dress was also trimmed with E13 and the green was a combination of BG18 (deepest shadows), BG15, BG13, and BG10. Skin on both kids was done with E000, E00, and E11. Hair for the girl was a combination of E50, E53, E31, E23, and E25, while the boy's hair was E23, E25, and E27. I used the tip-to-tip and lighting source techniques for this image and finished off the background with the air brush system.

Then I had some embellishing fun and grabbed lots of old prima embellishments that were laying around unused and glued them inside the shadow box to add dimension.

Now to find a place to hang this... :)

Thanks for looking and if you are looking to recreate some of the shading shown in this project you can call the store to special order any of the colors that are not currently available. As always, happy scrapping! :)
-Adina

date Saturday, May 5, 2012

1 comments to “Shadowboxing and Playtime”

  1. Sherri Caramico
    May 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

    LOVE it Adina! Sooo cute - you know me and stamps and markers - I am a little "afraid" of them -but maybe someday I'll cross over to the Copic side - If you keep posting cute things like this - it may be sooner than later!!

Leave a Reply: