Hello Doodle Doo'ers!!  I hope you are all enjoying your summer, and keeping COOL!

I wanted to share a cute mini album that I created for a co-worker, who presented it to her grand daughter for her confirmation. This was my first attempt using Mod Podge (MP) and I am happy with the results, as was the proud Grandma, and the sweet little girl who made her confirmation.

Most of these supplies were purchased from Scrap-a-Doodle Doo, and I assembled this sweet little album at the last Scrap-a-Doodle Doo Weekend event!  The paper was given to my by my good friend and scrappin' buddy and it worked perfectly!  ( THANKS JANICE!)

Well - here is the front of the purse.  It is a hard chipboard album made by Fabscraps and was purchased from Scrap-a-Doodle Doo  ( I have to apologize for the poor photos - I was in a rush to give it to the Grandma so the setting  and lighting is not optimal!)




The flowers were from my flower collection from past "DOO" purchases.  The white pea
lr beads and the feather were from one of Scrap-a-Doodle Doo's Mixed Media Kits - if you have never checked them out - please "DOO" they are full of GREAT stuff to add to your projects (AND THEY ARE ON SALE!)  I punched a hole in the bottom right corner of the front flap and hung a beautiful resin cross by Melissa Frances from some fuzzy fiber.
Here you can see that I painted the edges and the inside center with a bright purple, and then gave it a coat of "MP"  I also punched a hole on the top and hung a Tim Holtz Swivel Clap to which I added some bead and charms from left over and broken jewelry  **GREAT TIP for something to keep or search for at Garage Sales to add a little something special to your projects!**



Here is the back.  I left it very plain and let the paper's message be the focus here.



Here is a close up of that cute little cross from Melissa Frances.



Here is a close up of that flower grouping on the front.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!



Here you can see the book open and the inside cover and first page




Purple foam THICKERS and some pearl swirls.




I made a pull out pocket on a few of the pages too. 



Some buttons and stickers added to the decoration.



Last page and back cover - the words are from a Heidi Swap Sticker set, and the adorable little Communion Girl is a custom die cut that you can order from  Scrap-a-Doodle Doo.  (You can see the charms in this photo too.(

I mixed lots of patterns / colors / and papers in this mini - but I love the way they all worked together.

Chipboard minis are so much fun, and make great gifts - I hope this inspires you to try one - or to get crafty and make another!

Thanks for stopping by THE DOO BLOG!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

date Monday, July 9, 2012

0 comments to “Chipboard Purse Mini Album”

Leave a Reply: