Hello Doodle Doo'ers!   Sherri here with a little scrappy inspiration for you this week!

As some of you know, I started scrapping late in my son's lives, so now that my youngest son Jake is 18, I guess it is about time I scrap the few photos that I can find from his FIRST BIRTHDAY!



I bought these great New Bo Bunny SURPRISE papers on my last visit to Scrap-a-Doodle Doo.  If you are a new follower, or this is your first visit to this blog, "THE DOO" as we call it, is a Local Scrapbook Store, located  in Ramsey, NJ.  If you don't live in the area, they are on line too!



I then had to figure out how to use the 5 old and pretty dark photos that I could find from Jake's Birthday, and get them on this layout!

I really think the BRIGHT and cheery colors helped! I used the fronts and backs of the following papers from this adorable line - CAKE PAPER, YOU'RE INVITED,  and  POP PAPER, along with coordinating Bazzill Cardstock, and the adorable ELMO Die Cut, purchased and available at Scrap-a-Doodle Doo too!
 


I am very pleased with how the layout came out  - and think that the colors really brighten up the dark/nighttime backgrounds of the photos.  I decided to crop out a lot from the photos too - as there were the backs of people's heads in most of them, along with some old neighbors who have since moved and I've forgotten their names, plus too much other "stuff" that distracted from my "BIRTHDAY BOY." I cropped them to just show Jake and I, and his cute Elmo cake. This way I was able to fit them all on one page, and highlight his sweet little face!  The "I'm a Star" ribbon, Big Green #1, Elmo Die Cut, Birthday Cake and candles, and the Present were all added to the layout with Helmar 3D Foam Dots.


All edges were inked with Ranger Distress Stain in Festive Berries.

I hope this layout gives you ideas and inspiration of how to use multiple patterned papers together with paper elements/embellishments cut from them, that can be pop-dotted to your layout to added dimension and added interest!

Thanks for stopping by!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

date Wednesday, April 24, 2013

2 comments to “Bo Bunny SURPRISE! 1st Birthday Layout”

  1. MommyScraps
    April 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM

    Great layout Sherri!!! Love the colors and the "fun" of it all! :)

  1. Pam W.
    April 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM

    Adorable layout. I bought this paper last time I was in the store. You make me want to break it out and play!!

Leave a Reply: